Realizing that not everyone will be as excited about a plate full of lots of vibrant summer veggies, you might have to be a little inventive with your healthy cooking.
If you want to try a recipe similar to my chunky summer vegetable marinara, well this transformation is going to be easy.
All you have to do is puree the chunky sauce together with some starchy pasta cooking water to loosen it up and ensure it coats your pasta nicely, and now you’ve transformed this rustic marinara into a super thick, luxuriously creamy tomato sauce that is packed with fresh summer flavours and of course all those wonderful vitamins and antioxidants.
And no one will ever know what’s in there, exactly. Except you. ‘Cuz you’re resourceful like that.
And, come on. Who doesn’t love to twirl their fork around spaghetti doused in a fresh tasting thick and fragrant homemade tomato sauce?
Add some chick peas to the sauce as it simmers or cook up some chicken cutlets or meatballs to toss on top.
However you choose to serve your meal, you can be 100% sure of this one thing: sauce lovers everywhere, including zucchini and eggplant critics, will SWOON over this smooth summer vegetable marinara sauce.
- 1 quart summer vegetable marinara
- 1 cup pasta cooking water
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ lb. spaghetti, cooked according to package
- In a blender, puree the vegetable marinara with 1 cup of starchy pasta cooking water.
- Add to a pan with the chickpeas and heat over medium, stirring occasionally until the sauce and chick peas are hot.
- Stir in spaghetti and allow to cook together for a minute or two so that the sauce adheres nicely to the pasta.