Now that you have the method of stuffing a pork loin under your belt, let me share one of my favorite flavor combinations: fragrant fresh herbs with tangy feta and spinach.
This pork loin works well either wrapped in prosciutto or breaded. Take a peek at my previous post for a step by step tutorial on both methods.
Any mixture of your favourite herbs will work great – all that freshness will infuse into the pork and meld with the feta cheese for a succulent and juicy beautiful porky pinwheel. 🙂
For my mix I’ve used fresh mint which pairs so well with feta cheese and spinach (YUM spanakopita!!). And, I used fresh sage which is a delicious partner to pork; plus a little fresh parsley to tie it all together. Feel free to use whatever fresh herbs you can get your hands on in this recipe.
Layer out the herbs and the feta cheese first and then pile on the fresh spinach. Isn’t that beautiful!?
Try serving your Spinach Herb and Feta Stuffed Pork Loin with crispy roasted baby potatoes and these delish –> Honey Glazed Green Beans.
Your family and friends will love this delicious meal for that * special * occasion.
- 1 pork loin
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup fresh herbs - mint, sage and parsley
- 1 block of feta cheese
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- a dusting of flour
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Stuff the pork loin according to the steps in my "How to Stuff a Pork Loin" post just before this one ensuring to layer in the herbs, feta and spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Dust the rolled pork loin with flour and then roll it in the egg and then the bread crumbs
- Heat the butter in a pan that can go into the oven; brown the pork loin for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Pop the pan into an oven preheated to 350F for 20 minutes, allow the pork loin to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.